Protesters try to block Harper’s campaign bus
In anticipation of the Prime Minister’s visit to Montreal, dozens of protesters arrived hours in advance at the venue, the Ben Weider Jewish Community Centre. Many carried signs decrying Harper’s policies, and some attempted to block the passage of a Harper campaign bus.
The festival’s 10th anniversary promises a big lineup
Starting Friday, ticket-holders’ ears will rock to music that aims at satisfying all tastes. Osheaga’s lineup includes Kendrick Lamar, Florence + The Machine, The Black Keys, George Ezra, Weezer, Ben Harper & The Innocent Criminals, Schoolboy Q, FKA Twigs, Nas, Tyler The Creator and many others.
Our milestone 25th episode with Tristan D’Amours and Vince Morello! They break the news of the David Price trade to the Toronto Blue Jays, Didier Drogba to Montreal (IT HAPPENED!) and more! From Vince’s home.
Tenicha Gittens Set to Usher in New Era of Concordia Women’s Basketball
Eight years before she accepted the title as head coach of Concordia women’s basketball team, Tenicha Gittens was five months into a 9-to-5 desk-job-type internship in the U.S. when a thought crossed her mind. “I can’t do this,”
Multinational Company Aramark Will Replace Previous Contractor Chartwells For Next Five Years
“I just don’t see it as any different than Chartwells,” said Concordia Food Coalition coordinator Lauren Aghabozorgi.
We’ve only passed the halfway point of the year with many sporting events still to be covered, but I can’t think of another year in modern history where female athletes have stood out as much as they have this year.
- Genocide Prevention Seminar Takes Place in Ottawa
- CSU Website Hacked
- ASFA Council Cancels Former President’s Honorarium and Appoints New Interim Exec
- Austerity is a Fiction
- If You Don’t Like My Hairy Legs, Go Fuck Yourself
- The Future is Clear (of Jobs)
- Cheesehead Wisdom
- Très Joly, Charles: FC Montreal Win 5-2
- FC Montreal Gets First Home Win In Nine Games
- Open Letter: University Complaint System Requires Reform for Graduating Students
- Open Letter: Charges Against Students are an Embarrassment to Concordia, Must be Dropped Immediately
- Refugees: Forgotten but Not Erased